Biscoff Swirl Brownies
One morning, I woke up and this happened.
Brownies and Biscoff.
Oh Lady Cakes' Speculoos Swirl Brownies and saw that she just melted some Biscoff spread and swirled it. Score.
Based on Martha Stewart's Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies and Oh Lady Cakes' Speculoos Swirl Brownies
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Biscoff spread or Trader Joe's Cookie Spread, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter or spray an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment.
2. Put butter and chocolates in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk granulated sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture; fold until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into pan. Pour melted Biscoff spread (microwave in 15 second increments) onto batter, and swirl with a butter knife.
6. Bake until a cake tester inserted comes out with a few crumbs, between 25-35 minutes depending on your oven. Let cool.