Ten in 10 Healthy Challenge

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh man, this post was supposed to go up January 2, not January 23. Sorry for being 3 weeks late!

Lori of Recipe Girl is organizing Ten in 10: Healthy Challenge. Do something healthy for 10 weeks in the first 10 weeks of 2010!

My goals are:
1. Lose 10 pounds
2. Stop eating food from the vending machine at work
3. Exercise with a heart rate monitor so I can improve my cardio health

Normally, I eat lots of fruits and veggies - probably about 80% of my diet. However, it's the other 20%...

So far, I've stayed away from the vending machine, found my heart rate monitor (um, no, I haven't used it yet... :), and lost 3 pounds by tracking my food and increasing my exercise. This past week was hard because it rained like CRAZY in Los Angeles (yes, there was a canoe in Long Beach).

Here is a bloglisting of the group of people who are in the 10 in 10. I hope to post some recipes for foods and snacks that are healthy and easy to make. Here's to a more healthy 2010!
- cheers, mary the food librarian
Pin It!

2 comments:

Lori R. said... [Reply to comment]

Okay, good idea. I have vowed to follow you more. I NEED to get a grip on this weight loss thing, exercise more, and increase my activity. I keep saying this everyday when I get up and then do nothing to achieve this goal, 10 lbs. each month is what I am striving for.
Hey, I just got back from Los Angeles, Encinitas. Had a wonderful time, beautiful weather. The storm started the day we left. We stayed with a relative, Christine Holt, who used to run the library in Carlsbad. Her dad and mom used to set up libraries throughout the US. Just wondered if you knew her (long shot, I know, but you never know).
Thanks in advance for the help with 10 in 2010.

Tamara Marnell said... [Reply to comment]

I've been trying to lose five pounds for the past /year/. I'm so jealous that you could drop three so quickly with such little changes!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Sorry for the word verification but I've been getting so much spam recently I hope the word verification helps. -mary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Ads that help me buy some ingredients