This recipe for muffins was inspired by picky cooks recipe for peach and blackberry muffins. Except I used nectarines. Except I used blueberries. Except my sour cream was expired, it was early in the morning and I wasn't going to the store, so I subbed greek yogurt. Except I used more vanilla and no milk. And I added some oatmeal to the topping. So, other than that, it is exactly the same!
Surfas). They come in white and brown. I think they are ideal for muffins with toppings so the topping doesn't fly all over your oven. Because cleaning your oven bites. Big time.
Greatly adapted from pickycook's blackberry peach crumb topped muffins
My printable recipe here
Nectarine & Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup Greek yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
8 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup nectarines (peeled)- diced
3/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
Mix together with your fingertips until crumbly. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Make the topping mixture and set aside.
3. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
4. Whisk eggs, yogurt, sugar, butter and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry and quickly mix to combine. Don't overmix! Don't have to be fully combined before adding fruit.
6. Fold in the fruit.
7. Scoop into cupcake liners.
8. Top with crumb topping.
9. Bake 17-20 minutes (depends on your oven). Use a toothpick to check doneness.