SoNo Bakery Brownies - John Barricelli
Sunday, May 16, 2010
The nice guy on Everyday Food and Everyday Baking, John Barricelli has a new cookbook, The SoNo Baking Company Cookbook, named for his South Norwalk, Connecticut bakery.
My friend, Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet has even been to the bakery! Since it is a little far for me to drop in, I made the SoNo Brownies on page 86 of his book.
Click here for printable copy
Adapted from The Sono Baking Company Cookbook: Amazon or WorldCat (see if your library has it)
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Penzy's Dutch cocoa)
1/2 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
Pinch of baking soda
1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 c sugar
1 T light corn syrup
2 large eggs, room temp (To bring them to room temp quickly, place in a bowl of warm water for 5-10 minutes)
1 T vanilla extract
1 C semisweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Use an 8-inch square baking pan. Butter or spray. I lined mine with parchment paper.
2. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
3. Whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and soda.
4. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the sugar and corn syrup, whisk to combine. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in vanilla.
5. Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips. Don't overmix.
6. Pour into pan, smooth the top. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
7. Cool in pan and then eat!! Enjoy!