Olive Oil Muffins
Sorry I've been MIA lately. A few things came up, but I hope to get back to blogging and baking. Wishing you a great Memorial Day weekend! :)
Here is fellow UCLA Bruin Giada's Olive Oil Muffins. Giada has a BA in Anthropology - just like me! Goooo Bruins!!!!
Click here for printable recipe
Adapted from Olive Oil Muffin recipe from Food Network - Giada De Laurentiis
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons orange zest
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons whole milk
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Powdered sugar, for sifting
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare 12-muffin tin.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Beat the sugar, eggs, and zests in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes (I used the whisk attachment of my KitchenAid mixer)
4. Beat in the vinegar and milk.
5. Gradually beat in the oil.
6. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended (I did this with a rubber spatula).
7. Crush the almonds with your hands as you add them to the batter and stir until mixed.
8. Fill the muffin tin almost to the top of the paper liners.
9. Bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins onto a platter and let cool for 5 more minutes.
11. Sift powdered sugar over the muffins and serve.