Miette Peanut Butter Cookies
Have you been to Miette in San Francisco? You have to go! I usually visit their Ferry Building location on every trip to the Bay Area! The store is so cute and all the treats are yummy. I was excited when they published a cookbook so I could try their treats at home.
Then, the very next week, I received an email from Amazon that they are going to send me a whole new book because there were so many errors. Look how many calculation errors were made! Whew, I wasn't crazy. This recipe makes 16 three-inch cookies or 48 two-inch cookies. I got 52 cookies.
I can't wait to make their cakes and cupcakes. This book is really charming. See if your library has it here on WorldCat!
Miette cookbook, page 133
Peanut Butter Cookies, adapted from the Miette Cookbook
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large eggs
½ cups plus 2 Tablespoons creamy or chunky peanut butter (I used creamy)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together dry ingredients (flour, soda, salt)
3. Cream together butter and sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy (4-5 minutes)
4. Add egg and beat until incorporated. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add peanut butter and mix.
6. Add dry ingredients until just combined. Finish off by hand.7. Form into balls. Flatten with meat mallet or cross-hatch with a fork. Sprinkle with sugar.
8. Bake 10 minute. Cool and enjoy!